Can Dads help?
With a new baby, Dads can do almost everything that mums do. They can cuddle baby, change nappies, bathe and play with baby. And Dads can do skin-to-skin with baby too. All these activities help Dad and baby bond. In fact Dads can become very good at comforting and settling baby.
Dads, friends and family can help breastfeeding mums by:
- giving encouragement and support;
- preparing drinks, snacks and meals;
- helping with bathing and nappy changing;
- helping out with housework, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking;
- minding and entertaining older children; and knowing where to get breastfeeding information and support
Watch these videos to see what Dad's Noel and Joe have to say on the benefits of breastfeeding and how it fit in with their family life.